Subject: Re: sysinst report [was: 1.3Beta]
To: None <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1997 12:45:26
>the following is somewhat unfair since it's a vague bug report (the
>system's at home and I'm not..).. but I've rebuilt sysinst since the
>"don't need gateway/nameserver" change went in and I still had
>difficulty getting past teh network config screen without filling in a
>non-blank nameserver address.  I had to fill in a dummy nameserver
>entry and wait the ~60 seconds for it to time out on each resolution
>in order to get things to work...

I just checked in a change to fix this.  For some reason, we didn't
catch that we checked for the name server and then pinged the default
route and vica versa.  If it is still a problem after this change
I just made, I'd like to hear about it.

--
Phil Nelson                    NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu        !gifs: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html