Subject: Re: sysinst report [was: 1.3Beta]
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1997 22:53:45
>I've said before (dunno which list tho!) that the Solaris installation
>procedure is pretty slick, and handles this "oh shit, I got it wrong"
>stuff well.  I've been looking at it closely for ideas for sysinst.

Make that "reasonably well". :-)

I've only ever installed Solaris on sparc's so we may be talking of
different things, often Solaris's install forces you to go several
steps beyond where you made a misstake (like pressing continue before
selecting Other rather than NIS+ :-) before you get the opportunity
to back track.

Basically _every_ menu should offer the option of simply returning to
the previous menu.  That's why my simple menu.sh reserves 'p' for that
function and 'q' to quit right out of the menu system.

If you are interested have a read of
	http://www.quick.com.au/cgi-bin/rtfm?topic=menu.sh

--sjg