Subject: Re: Mass-Mailings Delivered to NetBSD.ORG--STOP THE(MY) MADNESS
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1997 08:36:13
In message <199712041423.JAA08215@ghost.whirlpool.com>, Andrew Gillham writes:
>Your procmail filters won't mean diddly when I point several DS3 attached
>spam engines at you.  Will I be "abusing" something, or "harassing" you?
>Of course not, I have a legal right to send you email?

Of course you don't; the courts have never ruled that anyone has the right
to inflict speech on others that don't want it in private environments.
Broadcast media, fine.  Publishing, fine.  But email, phone calls, and
regular mail are not quite so protected...  I believe the Supreme Court
used the phrase "a man's home is his castle".

This is really getting off topic; followups to nanae, please.

-s