Subject: Re: suggestion for next install disk/beg for help
To: None <daemond@ibm.net>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/1997 22:37:41
>I only have on fdd not two.  If I put the boot disk in the floppy to boot
>off of I can't remove it to put another disk in containing the restore
>program.

Sorry I should have been clearer.  The ssto boot floppy initializes a ram
disk.  Once you get to the shell prompt you can quite safely remove the
boot floppy and replace it with the aforementioned ms-dos floppy.

I've done this myself recently when a colleague needed a machine that
could launch the LAND attack against some routers in a test lab.
It was simple to boot one of the PC's using the ssto boot floppy and
then get the land binary off an ms-dos floppy.

--sjg