Subject: Impressive. Most impressive.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1997 07:11:38
After a casual weekend of supping once on 11/29, I was able to run
"make build" and have it work on almost everything -- the only problem
I had was lint/xlint (somewhere in there), for which the workaround
has been posted (and which I've lost; I'm sure I'll piece it together :-).

So I re-ran with MAKEFLAGS=-k, and everything runs like a bloody charm.
Ran make -k install, no problems.

So the build of the world succeeded.  Built a new kernel, installed it
and am running on that one now.

First, I must take my hat off to the non-port-specific group (if there
is such an entity), as this is the first time in two months that I've
been able to do a "make build" [-k notwithstanding] followed by "make -k
install" and have it just work.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, I must take my hat off to the
people who put the time into figuring out the spl*() problem in the
kernel which was preventing the serial ports on the SPARC from running
at 38400.  Once again, I have a sustained transfer rate of 3.1kB/s
over ftp!  Thank you VERY much for finding and fixing this problem.

				One very happy

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft software is for people who can't handle UNIX.