Subject: Re: CACHE TEST FAILED?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/27/1997 14:24:36
> From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
> To: David Wetzel <dave@alice.turbocat.de>
(...)
> A recent change made the ncr driver fail on all 486 PCI systems. I have
> backed it out, and it should be reverted on the trunk soon too. So the
> next 1.3_ALPHA (or even BETA) snapshot should fix this problem. A new
> kernel with this problem fixed might be made available sooner.
>
> - Frank

Cool! I wantet "just install a new version" on my nfs-server/router and was
nearly getting an heart-attack. I was playing with the Setup, changing cards...
Until 8:00 am.

Now MY desktop machine has to play server!

Can you give me a patch that enables the code on the 486 again?

NOTE: I have only subscribed to netbsd-help.
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Phone +49 33056 82834, Fax +49 33056 82835
 (______)  dave@turbocat.de (NeXTmail)  http://www.turbocat.de/