Subject: Re: source rc.local twice
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1997 20:22:12
[ On Tue, November 25, 1997 at 15:01:50 (-0800), Chris G. Demetriou wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: source rc.local twice
>
> > Or use two different local setup files.
>
> Or, better yet, use something like the SysV notion of 'init.d' and/or
> 'rc.d' to allow you to arbitrarily insert local additions between
> standard scripts, by just dropping in a new script...

Not that I'd ever argue against the SysV startup scheme, but....

Since rc.local is now truely just local stuff, it should be easy enough
to ensure that everything in there is done in the right order.  As I
recall the example given there was no real need to run anything local
before the networking was started, it was only a dependency between two
local applications and one needed to be started after networking.

Perhaps it would be nice to have an rc.pre-net.local or something too,
though this is diving very close to the idea of rc.d anyway.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>