Subject: Mass-Mailings Delivered to NetBSD.ORG--STOP THE(MY) MADNESS
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@douglas.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1997 12:33:25
Is there any way that these mass-mailings can be stopped? I understand
killfiles fine, and can filter them out easily enough from my end,
however, there is always the chance that my killfiles might catch
something that is not from these mass-mailers, and thus reduce actual
signal instead of reducing noise. Current-users owner, please! The
frequency of these mass-postings to the current-users list is not only
off-topic, but should be stopped completely!

I'm advocating that you ban the mail servers which originate these
messages from posting into the current-users..  or at least the domains of
the original senders, and the mail servers which allow anonymous postings.

They aren't even registered in the lists--how can they be allowed to post
to it?

Sincerely,

Marc Tooley
tooleym@douglas.bc.ca