Subject: Re: floppy controller tape devices?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1997 16:08:40
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:

> I have just got a similar response a long time ago when I asked for
> something that some NetBSD developers didn't see as important as I did.

I think one thing that many people here forget is that this is mostly
volunteer work.  Most don't get paid for what work they put into
NetBSD, so whatever goes in is what they are interested in working on.

For those who DO get paid, they probably have other things they need to
work on rather than support for random hardware.

As for floppy tape support, I too think it is crap, and will stick to
my 4mm DAT changer.  However, I see the desire for others to use what
they have on hand, too.

--Michael