Subject: Re: fxp driver and EtherExpress PRO/100+ ?
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
From: David Greenman <dg@root.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1997 10:09:39
>Does the fxp driver support the newer PRO/100+ cards that seem to have
>replaced the 100B?  If it doesn't Just Work, any idea how big the
>differences are?

   Sorry for the delay in responding - I've been at Comdex. The Pro/100+ is
based on the 82558 chip which has an integrated 82555 PHY. There should be
no programatic difference between the 82557+82555 and 82558, but I haven't
actually tested the Pro/100+ or heard from anyone who has either. If you
do decide to get one, please let me know if it works. :-)

-DG

David Greenman