Subject: Re: PAP connection to NT RAS
To: Joel Klecker" , "Current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1997 18:35:53
Joel Klecker <jk@espy.org> wrote:

>In reference to "Re: PAP connection to NT RAS" of 06:52 PM -0800
>1997-11-17, Mark Andres wrote:
>>Hi Bob,
>>
>>I am pretty sure that NT-RAS uses CHAP instead of PAP.  So you will want
>>to disable PAP and enable chap.
>
>NT-RAS also has MS's own slightly different version of CHAP, fortunately,
>PPP 2.3.1 supports "MS-CHAP".

Well I'm missing something basic here I think.  Neither CHAP or PAP work
from my NetBSD system, but PAP works from my MacOS system.  I'm trying to
connect to an NT-RAS Server in a different Domain from the one my account
is authorized for.   In MacOS I need to enter the MS-Domain name as part
of my login Username, i.e. "usada10\a0188378".  This is what I've entered
for the "name" in my options file. Tracebacks seemed to indicate the
backslash was being processed as an escape, so I put in double
backslashes.  In both cases I'm getting rejected.  Is this what I should
be doing, or have I totally missed the boat here?

thanks,
-bob