Subject: Re: Removing dm(1)
To: Jon Ribbens , Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1997 16:14:18
	Is there something about fortune I don't understand?  The old version
of fortune that I used to see had to be setuid to the games  uid because it
wanted to write to its random number seed generator.  I have a version that
writes nothing, so doesn't need a setuid bit of any kind.  Is this the one
distributed in the NetBSD sources, or is that one still setuid to games and
scribbling away each time a user uses  it?
-Brian