Subject: Re: Removing dm(1)
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: A.K.A. TheWiz <dankna@bergen.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1997 13:22:23
> So I'm going to propose that we simplify life and remove dm(8).
> Does anyone have any objections to this?

  Yes.  High-score tables could theoretically be regulated by somesuch
mechanism, keeping users from artificially inflating them.  So could saved
games, keeping users from duplicating them.  As written, I don't use the
program, since for security I agree it's probably useless; I just like the
concept of a central game authority.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<dankna@bergen.org><dankna@brain.mics.net> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/ and find out about text adventures!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the least.