Subject: Re: GusPnP...
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Andrew K. Adams <akadams@wraith.psc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1997 11:20:41
On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:24:17 PST, Phil Nelson writes:

>If you put NetBSD onto your entire disk, there is no need to do a special
>partitioning.  sysinst utility makes sure that NetBSD is not in the
>first cylinder on any machine.  Install and enjoy.

Hmm, I tried that the first time, but I was getting the "no operating
system found" or equivalent bios message.  Re-running sysinst (after
fdisk'ing the drive again from dos) and installing NetBSD starting at
cylinder 1 fixed my problem.  The slight inconvenience being that I
had to figure out the NetBSD partition sizes with a calculator because
"cylinders" was my unit of choice :-(

This is the second HDD on the SCSI chain, the first is all DOS w/OSBS.

Thanks,
Andy

--
Andrew K. Adams				Office:	409-D Mellon Institute
Network Engineer			Phone:	(412) 268-5142