Subject: Re: GusPnP...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, akadams@wraith.psc.edu>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1997 15:29:55
>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:51:00 -0500
>From: "Andrew K. Adams" <akadams@wraith.psc.edu>
>
>I just upgraded my Pentium (w/on-board NRC) from 1.2.1 to 1.3_ALPHA,
>however, my kernel is not completely happy with my Gravis Ultrasound
>PnP card (w/8Mb):
>
>isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: read port 0x203
>guspnp0 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16,0x320/8,0x32c/4 irq 11 drq 5,7
>guspnp0: error in region allocation
>isapnp0: <UltraSound Plug & Play, PNP0600, , ATAPI CD-ROM> port 0x1e8/8,0x3ee/2 irq 11 not configured
>isapnp0: <UltraSound Plug & Play, PNPB02F, , Game Port> port 0x201/1 not configured
>isapnp0: <UltraSound Plug & Play, GRV0003, , SB Compatible A> port 0x388/2 irq 5 drq 1 not configured
>isapnp0: <UltraSound Plug & Play, GRV0004, , MPU-401 GM Musi> port 0x330/2 not configured
>

>If anyone can help me out, I would very much appreciate it!

Don't worry about it.  The guspnp driver was bound to the first
logical device on your GUS PnP card; the other logical devices (all
those 'not configured' lines you see) aren't needed.  Those other
logical devices are IDE (no PnP driver), game port (joy* at isapnp?),
OPL3 FM synth (no driver), and MPU401 MIDI port (no driver).

Gravis may have screwed up in one respect: PNPxxxx IDs are not
supposed to be used to identify logical devices, they are meant to be
used to indicate compatibility only.  Do you have the line

joy* at isapnp?

in your kernel config?  If so then Gravis did screw up, otherwise
you'll have to add that line before we can be sure.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel