Subject: Re: "halt" as option on i386 install floppy (sysinst)
To: None <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1997 11:46:13
>"halt" is an option in the utility menu.  Maybe for consistancy either

halt used to be an option in the main menu.  The main menu started getting
much too long, thus the utility menu.  I left the reboot there because
I thought the "standard thing to do" was a) install, b) reboot, c) finish
configuring the system.  I'm not sure we have enough space in all
environments to assume an editor on the install system and I'm not sure
that it would be easy to run an editor on the newly installed system.

I'm not sure what to do here.  I'll think about it a bit more.

--
Phil Nelson                    NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu        !gifs: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html