Subject: Re: Trouble with latest tcp fixes on pmax. Any others?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1997 00:33:57
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 21:08:45 -0800
 Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > I just built a pmax kernel from the latest sup source, with
 > the updated tcp_subr.c.

...I'm assuming you got the rest of the tcp changes that went in a couple
of days ago.  The last change to tcp_subr.c simply removed an extra
call to rtfree(), and would only have made a difference of PMTU
discovery is enabled.

 > A DECstation 5000/150 crashes every time I try and open any TCP
 > connection to it.  (well, sof ar I've tried FTP and rlogin.)  The
 > kernel reports a bad address in kernel mode, fills the msgbuf with
 > attempts to traceback that error, and then wedges hard, requiring a
 > reset.
 >
 > A kernel built yesterday works fine on the same machine, but has
 > horrendously low TCP throughput.
 >
 > Has anyone tried or tested the latest TCP code on, say, a machine
 > requiring aligned addresses? Did it work?

TCP is working Fine on my SS2 and AlphaStations.  Source base is "today".

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935