Subject: Re: silo overflows, was fifo overruns
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1997 17:14:39
>On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, James Graham - Systems Mangler wrote:
>
>> I'm completely baffled as to why only now we're getting around to
>> discussing it when it's been a problem for the last year.
>
>Probably as we only really squish the bugs right beofre a release. It's
>one thing to think oabut a problem, "Oh, I'll get to it next week," and
>it's another to ship a release with it.
>
>I think two to three releases a year would help us trmendously. It would
>be a drain as we'd spend a lot of time squishing bugs, but we'd kill lots
>of bugs. :-)

A good argument could be made that being bug free, or nearly so, is at
least as important as having a lot of features, if NetBSD is going to be
used for serious applications.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614