Subject: Re: pkgsrc: mit-pthreads does not support 1.3
To: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1997 23:19:52
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Alistair Crooks wrote:

.. > FYI, looks like another patch is needed for the mit-pthreads:
.. >
.. > checking host system type... i386-unknown-netbsd1.3.
.. > checking target system type... i386-unknown-netbsd1.3.
.. > checking build system type... i386-unknown-netbsd1.3.
.. > configure: error: System type i386-unknown-netbsd1.3. not recognized or not supported.
.. > See ./config/configure.in for supported systems.
.. > *** Error code 1
..
.. I've just checked in fixes for this.
..
.. Take care,
.. Alistair

I've also been playing a little with mit threads on NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA,
in particular the version supplied with mysql. If this is the same
version as the original mit version, you'll also need to handle
the new __fstat13 syscall replacing fstat. I've faked it up by
having machdep_sys_fstat issuing the __fstat13 syscall, but I've
not yet verified my code....

Anyway, having the packages is a way of distributing NetBSD specific
patches that have not yet been integrated into the original software
products, even if we are installing from sources without using the package
mechanism as such. I've never thought about this before :-)

regards
Erik Bertelsen