Subject: Cross compiling from i386 to m68k
To: Current NetBSD <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@easynet.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1997 11:59:11
Hi,

I want to cross compile from a i386 box to amiga/m68k.
My first goal is the compiler himself.

'make includes' with MACHINE_ARCH=m68k

In /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin :
gcc -> 'make' with MACHINE_ARCH=m68k (get an error in libgcc/libgcc2.c for
something like _trampoline : unknow asm opcode)
This produce working binary, excluding libgcc.a.
gas -> 'make' with TARGET_MARCHINE_ARCH=m68k : OK.

I install my new binaries, and test on a small program (cat).
cc produce correct m68k assembler code.
as produce cat.o
file cat.o -> PDP-11 executable - version 8
instead of NetBSD/m68k object file not stripped.

I think I have something wrong ;-)
Could you help me ? I think also that making an ld and libraries is not too
simple.

Thanks.