Subject: Re: Minor nit with the wt0 (Wangtek Tape) driver.
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1997 17:27:26
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Dave Burgess wrote:

> The GENERIC config files leave the wt0 driver at 300h.  While this is an
> adequate option for most of the newer wt driver interfaces, the older
> QIC-02 boards can't be set to this address.  To save trouble with the
> driver, would it be possible to move the default address to 308h, 328h,
> or 288h.

And every SMC Ethernet card owner who has a card set at 0x300 will
thank you!

> I can 'PR this if it's worth the time....  Surprisingly, I don't think
> this is critical enough to warrant a special release or anything. :-)

I think it is. If you need network access to install, NetBSD has
not been installable on a machine with an SMC Ethernet card at
0x300 for a couple of years now, and it looks as if this release
will not be installable on those machines either. I'm not sure if
this is due to the Mitsumi or wt, but I'd sure like to see it fixed.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates