Subject: How many bugs are outstanding? (was Re: a rude question)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1997 06:45:12
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> There are 57 critical bugs total from all categories, where "critical"
> is defined as "it dies, it crashes, it panics and there is no workaround."
>
> There are 123 high priority bugs, where "high priority" is defined
> as "fix needed ASAP."

I have a problem with your use of these definitions because they are not
present in the send-pr script or any of the other bug submission methods.
This means it has been left entirely up to the submitter to know what
'critical' and 'high priority' mean.  In short, I don't think we can trust
the judgements of all the above reports because of that.

-J