Subject: Re: netbsd XX Netscape !
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1997 14:22:10
prlw1@cam.ac.uk (Patrick Welche) writes:
>Christoph Badura wrote:
>> Probably not.  But a compat_bsdos man page that documented what COMPAT_XX
>> options need to be turned on couldn't hurt.

>So far I seem to need

>options         COMPAT_NOMID    # compatibility with 386BSD, BSDI, NetBSD 0.8,
>options         COMPAT_12       # NetBSD 1.2,
>options         COMPAT_43       # and 4.3BSD

Is there anything else, we need to document?  I've only ever ran netscape for
BSD/OS under NetBSD.

Has anyone tried running a BSD/OS binary that uses shared libraries under
NetBSD?  Did it work?
--
Christoph Badura

Now available in print: Lion's Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source Code
			http://www.peer-to-peer.com/