Subject: Installing Boot record?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Baw <baw@wuccrc.wustl.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1997 00:31:22
Hello,

        I'm installing an i386 version of NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA.
        I've chosen the "install" option presented to me after
        booting up from the installation floppy. I've copied
        the kernel to /dev/wd0a. For some reason, I'm
        getting the "Boot record not found on IDE-0" message
        at start up. Can someone enlighten me on how to install
        a boot record ? I got an "installing boot record on wd0"
        message during the installation procedure, but somehow
        still cannot boot properly from harddisk after reboot.

        Is there a separate installation note for 1.3_ALPHA ? (I've read
        the 1.2 installation note but don't find anything applicable to
        installing boot record.)

        Best regards.

Baw