Subject: Re: N. logo doesn't have to be cute ?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1997 17:40:14
On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Jukka Marin wrote:

> > In English, the word ``daemon'' is derived from a Greek root.  It
> > means a neutral, helpful spirit.  ``daemon'' does not have malevolent
> > overtones.
>
> Hmm.. I guess the Finnish language doesn't have a word for "daemon", then..

It may. Find yourself a Greek scholar who knows something about
both Biblical and Classical Greek, and ask about the difference
between _daimonion_ (demon), and _daimon_ (daemon; that last o is
an omega in this case; in all others it's an omicron).

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates