Subject: Re: Is anyone seeing lots of TCP checksum errors?
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/1997 01:18:33
On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Ty Sarna wrote:

> How about this:  [...]
> Which is proportionately 10x higher than yours!
>
> This is on a 3/60 with the latest 1.3_ALPHA snapshot. Connected via
> ether to a NetBSD/i386 box, connected via PPP on ISDN to ISP.

Well, there were a raft of changes to the zs driver, which I assume is
what your PPP is running through to talk to the ISDN modem.  Mycroft's
fixes substantially improved the performance and cut the number of fifo
overflows dramatically, the latter of which could easily be the cause of
your checksum errors.

The latest sun3 snapshot it about 2 days too old for these changes to be
included, as verified a few moments ago.

--scott