Subject: Re: Another stat13 problem
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1997 14:03:02
On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Simon Burge wrote:

I fought with this for a couple of days. If necessary, go to single-user
and recompile and install login, su, and other needed programs linked
as static executables.

Then (with fresh sources) install new includes, libraries, and executables
(in this order). In my case, I still got the warnings about stat13 --
to make them go away, I had to remove all earlier incarnations of
libc.so... -- just continuing to rebuild the libraries and programs
did not remove the message.

I still don't know why removing previous versions of libc was necessary.

- Erik

.. I've got a stat13 problem, on my two pmax's.
..
..
.. 	balrog:~ 3> telnet mona
.. 	Trying 172.73.42.230...
.. 	Connected to mona.supp.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au.
.. 	Escape character is '^]'.
.. 	telnetd: undefined symbol: '__stat13' 12
.. 	Connection closed by foreign host.
..
.. And when I try to log in as root on the console, I get something
.. similar:
..
.. 	NetBSD/pmax (mona) (console)
..
.. 	login: root
.. 	login: undefined symbol: '__stat13' 12