Subject: Re: RealAudio
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1997 13:48:56
Bill Studenmund wrote:

[NetBSD CD distribution discussion snipped for brevity]

> A more direct thing would be for people to just give $$ to the NetBSD
> Foundation. I don't know how it relates to international tax law, but TNF
> is, I believe, a tax-exempt charity in the US. So contributions are tax
> deductable (unless you make lots of $$ and run into minimum tax stuff, but
> in that case you have an accountant anyway).

Actually, I seem to remember that TNF is _not_ yet tax exempt.  You might
want to be absolutely sure about this before funnelling your millions into
TNF :-)

> My vote'd be for a mail server seperate from cvs/gnats.netbsd.org, or in
> parallel. But more disk'd be good. SCSI disks are running $100/GB or so,
> internal. :-)

I think several people have some ideas about this one.  Hopefully
something will be done soon (especially since I still think I'm getting
hours of delay before my messages reach the list).

Later.