Subject: Re: CDROMs
To: Current NetBSD <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@easynet.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1997 14:54:42
Hi,

We could make a different system to get useable SOURCE-only CD for all
architectures:

-Make a CD-ROM with all sources (compressed) and a per-architectures binary
for compilers and tools.
-Make a boot floppy to start install (one or two per architecture).

With the floppy, you can install the common source code and some common
files from the CD. The rest of install is constructed with a compilation of
the source (and using the tools on the CD).
It's a bit complicated, but with a system like this, we have a common CD and
need to create only one or two floppy.