Subject: Re: N. logo doesn't have to be cute ?
To: None <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1997 18:21:48
Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us> writes:

  > On 11/3/97 at 9:54 AM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:
  >> I like the daemon myself, but I can understand why some people might
  >> not.  A logo does not need to be an animal.

  > I'd like to stick with the daemon, personally. It's cute, and I associate
  > it with BSD, which is what we are. :)

Yep keep the daemon and I like the "motion" daemon. Possible ideas are
daemon speeding along a net or daemon totally failing to be restrained
by a net. Then we get the "net" in and of course the daemon already
means BSD. I don't know if you could get the idea across without it
being too fussy though. I am no artist.

  > I like the (smaller, anyway) "motion" logos Tom's been doing, although I
  > don't think "multi-platform OS" is a necessary part of the logo, since it's
  > likely that folks seeing it will either already know what NetBSD is, or, if
  > not, will be able to simply click on it to be shunted over to the NetBSD
  > web pages.

Multi-platform OS could be an optional part of the logo. Or if you like to
think of it that way, two logos with and without the extra words.

Ian