Subject: Re: N. logo doesn't have to be cute ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1997 09:54:38
[ Gah.  A logo is important, I think, but it would be nice to just
  find one and get on with development, eh? ]

> I still envy the cute l*nux logo. ;-)

I like the daemon myself, but I can understand why some people might
not.  A logo does not need to be an animal.

Sun and Microsoft certainly don't have an animal, nor does Apple (and
that little rainbow-colored Apple is a pretty good logo, Apple's
situation notwithstanding)...  ;-)

For animals, though, I like cats.  Generally, they're flexible,
independent, fast, versatile, clean, cuddly.  Doesn't get into
the multi-architectural slant like octopus or spider, but doesn't
have the "monster" stigma either.  I know some people hate cats
with a passion, though.

-allen

PS. "R.J." the racoon from "Over the Hedge" would be fun...

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com