Subject: Re: Linux and FreeBSD support (was Re: RealAudio)
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1997 23:43:58
On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> Tom T. Thai wrote:

> > > And indeed, having a logo that looks significantly different from the
> > > FreeBSD logo would be a help.   Tom's latest offering has that
> > > quality, although I agree that it could use a little smoothing out.
> >
> > like I said, it was a rough draft! ;)
> > see the latest one (still not finish)
> > file:////DREAM/homes/public_html/netbsd_logo_motion.jpg
>
> You might want to post a URL that people off of your server can read ;-)

yeah, I did post another one after sending this.

> However, combining this one with the last URL gives me the logo.  I like
> this one the best so far...but the words do seem a bit spread out
> horizontally...is there any way to squish them together a bit more?

>From the large image, you would think that there is too much horizontal
spacing.. but look at the reduction images... with the daemon overlapping
the "NetBSD" word (if you look closely, the back leg is behind "NetBSD"
while the front leg is infront of "NetBSD), that interaction has already
cause some crowding on the logo.. so some spacing is needed to balance
that effect.

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087