Subject: Re: NetBSD logo
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1997 21:29:36
On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Jukka Marin wrote:

> > > *nod*
>
> Maybe, but it would be nice to include a NetBSD logo on the WWW pages
> of all machines running NetBSD..

agree.

> BTW, I wish the logo had some nice animal in it (the best thing in linux is
> the cute little penguin of theirs ;-)  The daemon sounds so evil and bad in
> my ears, when compared to an innocent penguin. ;)  Oh well, I guess it will
> always be a daemon, so I should probably continue on writing this C program..

I thought of this also, but the last time I post the logo question, most
feed back to me said they wanted the daemon.. for marketing purposes, the
daemon MAY not be a good idea... but if you care more about tradition..
then the daemon is it.. I also have some generic logo with no daemon in
it... I thought it was time to get away for the "daemon" theme...  but the
mass NetBSD users differ in opinion.

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087