Subject: NFSd core dumping.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1997 21:31:00
Here's what I did:

1)  Loaded a new kernel to one of the servers as 'nnetbsd'.

2)  Booted from it.

3)  Tried to start up the rest of the systems (they all use this server
for the /usr/share partition which is NFS mounted to all of the machines
on the net).

4)  Commercial side web server wedged at 'nfsiod' and the mount of the
nfs drives.  All of the other servers (which just stayed up) showed a
message that the NFS server had died and not come back.

5)  Checked the original system.  'nfsd' had core dumped.  I tried to
gdb it, but the backtrace led immediately nowhere (NULL).  I tried to
restart it, and it immediately core dumped again.

Particulars:

Server is a P200 running 1.2G (from kernel and userland from snapshot
from August).  New kernel was a 1.3_ALPHA kernel from yesterdays sources
and using the GENERIC kernel config file as the source.  The NFSSERVER
option is on.

I'm already using 'noresvpt' option in the /etc/exports file.

I vaguely remember hearing something about the nfsd from 1.2G no longer
being able to run under 1.3, but I can't find a message about it.

Any help?
--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom