Subject: Re: RealAudio
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1997 21:10:23
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Ted Lemon wrote:

> > get lots of twisting going! :)  I am getting tired of seeing all this
> > support out there for Linux and FreeBSD but no native support for NetBSD.
>
> All we have to do to fix this problem is increase our installed base
> to the point where it makes more sense to port to NetBSD than FreeBSD
> or Linux.   It's a SMOM.

let's start by asking why isn't our install base as big as the others..
>From what I can see:
	1. ease of installation
	2. documentation (I'm working on this)
	3. www.netbsd.org doesn't have much content.

what else?

mass conformity doesn't always tell much about the efficiency of the
OS, but we do need more drivers and support from vendors.  I don't mean to
start an OS war, but I would like for all of us NetBSD users and
developers to figure out how to better promote our OS.  So let's start
finding the areas we need to work on and do it together.

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087