Subject: Re: RealAudio
To: Bob Sutterfield <Bob@XC.Org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1997 21:43:22
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Bob Sutterfield wrote:

: > Anyone run RealAudio on their system?  They have a FreeBSD server,
: > but no NetBSD.
:
: The server runs long enough to notice that it's not running on the
: type of system specified in its license key, then it exits.

Do you or does anyone know how it "tests" this?  For me, the SunOS version
of the server (running on NetBSD/sparc) just coredumps with a very odd call
to sbrk(); it never seems to call uname(2) and friends....

As to the Solaris version of the RealAudio server, I'm still wading through
barrages of problems I'm discovering using Solaris 2.5.1 libraries (as
you've probably seen with recent SVR4 COMPAT posts by me).  Until I get a
basic compat suite set up, I'll be able to try that server too.

Perhaps I should try the freebsd and linux versions on my x86 testbed box
and see... funny thing, that the license key I have for a FreeBSD server
_has_ been successfully used on a Linux version of the same server before.
(The customer I set it up for didn't like FreeBSD and wanted Linux; sigh.)

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.