Subject: Re: mit-pthreads and C++
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1997 15:45:43
In Message <199710261940.OAA02746@wheel.tiac.net> ,
   "Gary D. Duzan" <gary@wheel.tiac.net> wrote:

=>
=>   I've been attempting to get OmniORB, which requires pthreads,
=>running on NetBSD. While I can eventually manage to get everything
=>to compile, when I run it I don't get anything that is sent to cerr
=>for output.  If I put in an fprintf, I get the output fine. I've
=>tried any number of link options and library orderings, but nothing
=>makes it work. I fear this is just a symptom of a deeper problem.
=>   Has anyone else tried this and had similar results? Thanks.
=>
=>                                      Gary D. Duzan
=>                         Humble Practitioner of the Computing Arts
=>
=>
=>

   Sorry, I forgot the details.

NetBSD wheel.tiac.net 1.3_ALPHA NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA (WHEEL) #0: Sat Oct 25 15:36:37 EDT 1997     gary@wheel.tiac.net:/disk1/build/NetBSD/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/WHEEL i386

I'm using the pkgsrc/devel/mit-pthreads version.
When I put a 'cerr << "foo" << endl;' at the beginning of main(), I
still don't get anything. My current theory is that the constructor
for cerr isn't getting called, which makes be wonder if any static
constructors are getting called.