Subject: Partly false alarm Re: NFS problems in 1.2G/1.3_ALPHA
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mika Nystrom <mika@cs.caltech.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1997 02:11:58
Ok, so it was sort of a false alarm.  Through my own stupidity, I was
running the wrong nfsd, and having corrected this problem, I can now
use NFS between 1.3 and 1.2G systems, and non-NetBSD systems and the
1.2G and 1.3 systems.  1.2/1.1B/1.1_ALPHA/1.2_BETA(this one logs me out---
the shell segfaults) systems still will not talk to the new NFS servers,
however.  The 1.2/1.1B setup is a production cluster of some 30 systems
with varying setups (four different architectures), and I really don't
want to upgrade them to the new alpha system unless it's strictly and
absolutely necessary...

   Mika