Subject: Re: SVR4 compat: can't get current directory?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1997 19:59:59
On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Frank van der Linden wrote:

: > On sparc -current as of yesterday, using Solaris 2.5.1 libs and bins under
: > SVR4 compat, many programs are failing with a "can't get current directory"

: >    319 pwd      CALL  getdents(0x3,0x212b8,0x418)
: >    319 pwd      RET   getdents 0

: This is probably your problem. Please make sure you have an up-to-date
: compat/svr4/svr4_misc.c, and possibly, if you're running on an NFS filesystem,

I had a fresh sup compiled kernel as of this morning, and just to be sure, I
checked to see what revision of file was on ftp.netbsd.org.  It matches:

/*      $NetBSD: svr4_misc.c,v 1.51 1997/10/19 00:16:08 fvdl Exp $       */

I'm using only ffs (/), mfs (/tmp), and union (/usr/src).  The bug happens
on all filesystems.  No NFS anywhere, and NFS isn't even compiled into my
kernel.  It also doesn't have much to do with "large directories" or listing
them the "first time"--this is always reproducable on any directory but /.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.