Subject: Re: is librpcsvc missing -I${.CURDIR} ?
To: None <ronald@demon.net>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1997 15:01:40
>From: Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net>
>Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 18:58:03 +0100

>cc -O  -Werror -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith  -c bootparam_prot.c
>bootparam_prot.c:6: bootparam_prot.h: No such file or directory
>*** Error code 1

Not really; the source of the problem is that dependencies between
generated code and the tools that generate it (rpcgen here) are not
(and should not be) encoded in makefiles.

Build and install rpcgen(1).  Then, if you use objdirs you can fix the
problem by typing:

# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin
# rm rpc.*/obj/*.[ch]
# make && make install

If you don't use objdirs you'll have to 'make cleandir'.  Things like
this are why I strongly recommend that everyone should use objdirs
(make obj).
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel