Subject: Off tangent X question...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1997 19:21:34
I downloaded the {l,gre}atest version of X11 and installed it (X11R6.3 +
XFree86 extensions; for sparc, if it matters), and although I have,
for example:

XTerm*Font:     -*-cour*-m*-r-n*-12-*

as my default font according to 'xrdb -q', xterm insists on starting up
with 'fixed' as my default font.

'xset fp' doesn't help [though, to its credit, it DOES automagically
include every font directory in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts].

'xset fp rehash' doesn't help.

'xrdb .Xdefaults' doesn't help.

To make it even more puzzling, I get NO error output when I start an
xterm from the command line.

Before you say "Try using 'XTerm*VT100.Font' instead", I might point
out that, unless semantics have changed, 'XTerm*Font' should cover
that case as well.

In fact, NONE of my X properties as returned by 'xrdb' seem to be taking
effect.

Can anyone at all explain this or point me to someone who could?

Is anyone else experiencing this rather sizable pain in the arse?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe.

				--*greywolf;

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:
	"Just click on the START button and your journey to the Dark Side