Subject: Re: kernel paniccable by unknown system call ?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/1997 23:40:47
>Are -current kernels more proof against this kind of bug ? I can panic my
>1.2[.1] any time running any binary using system call implemented in
>-current. It's on i386, but it doesn't matter, I think.

I have been doing exactly this for about a month and a half, because I
can't get a current kernel to run on my (until yesterday) current
motherboard.  I had to move libc.so.12.17 in and out of findable path,
while running different binaries, but the machine never panic'd (with
the 1.2.1 kernel).

Of course, my current libraries/binaries were from about a month and a
half ago, as well.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.