Subject: Re: Audio SunOS compatibility
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1997 06:46:10
On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

: What's the general opinion?  Should our audio API be as SunOS
: compatible as possible?  It would sure make porting some of audio
: programs easier.
: If the answer is yes, I'll try and make the change before the
: 1.3 branch is cut.  It think the changes are rather small.

I think one question is, is it possible to make it _both_ Linux and SunOS
compatible without conflict, as I know there are efforts for both?  If so,
then both!  If not, both, emulation type set by kernel option.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.