Subject: Re: Cyclades support
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1997 07:44:07
On Wed, Oct 15, 1997 at 06:59:43PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > > Hmmm.  Lockups would be a bad thing.  This is a remote system.  How
> > > do you unlock them?  Do you have to reboot or can you reset a port?
> >
> > First, I use it in `console mode', if that makes a difference. What
> > happens is that, after a while of activity, everything just stops.
> > Reboot is the only cure I've found.
> >
> > Maybe I should look into this?
>
> Can I help?  I don't have any documentation on the card so I'm not sure
> what I can do.

I just e-mailed Johan a program which should display the internal state
of the driver (if it works with the ISA card).  This information might
help locating the problem.

I use the PCI card on a system with over 100 modem logins every day, plus
three permanent PPP connections - all through the Cyclades card.  Uptime
is now 49 days and all ports are functioning properly..  I have had a few
mysterious crashes on this machine, but I can't tell whether they are
caused by the cy driver or not.  The crashes occur less than once a month.

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---