Subject: Re: Audio SunOS compatibility
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/1997 08:17:28
Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> What's the general opinion?  Should our audio API be as SunOS
> compatible as possible?  It would sure make porting some of audio
> programs easier.
> If the answer is yes, I'll try and make the change before the
> 1.3 branch is cut.  It think the changes are rather small.
>
>         -- Lennart

I mean porting audio stuff is rather simple already (I've ported maplay
and splay w/o any trouble, thanks, Lennart !), but if the changes
to make API SunOS compatible are small, there is no reason for not beeing
compatible IMHO. BTW - I like very much this structure-passing-ioctl system,
much more than Linux's special-ioctl-for-anything one.

So - I vote for SunOS audio compatiblity, as much as it would be
possible and wise.

jd
--
Jaromir Dolecek             ICS MU, Botanicka 68A, Brno, 60200, Czech Rep.
dolecek@ics.muni.cz			Tel.: +42-5-4151 2280