Subject: Re: conf.c files
To: Current NetBSD <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@easynet.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/1997 11:11:50
Hi,
The message from mcr give me an idea ;-)

For now, if the config file change (for example, GENERIC), to make my own
config file, I need to make a diff from the previous version, then edit my
config and changes parameters.
A better system will be an GENERIC file, and an site configuration specific
file, which can enable or DISABLE options.

For example, my site config file could be :

include <GENERIC>
 +MAXUSERS=2               Modify MAXUSERS
-PROCFS                   Disable PROCFS
-NULLFS                   Disable NULLFS

Ha, and another thing:
Could you re-organize all config files for all architectures, to arrange
parameters in the same order for all architectures ?
I can make it, but I don't know when I could do it (need that config files
be stable for 2 or 3 days ;-).

Thanks.