Subject: Re: Audio encodings
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/1997 15:11:07
>Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 12:26:02 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>

>> I think that behavior should be made independent of COMPAT_12, for
>> exactly the reason demonstrated here: code written to work with Sun's
>> /dev/audio should Just Work with as few changes as possible.
>But our audio interface is already different enough from Sun's
>that almost all Sun code needs changing.

So, that is an excuse to make things worse?

I think SunOS/Solaris compatibility should be a goal.  I think very
few will ever write audio code specifically for NetBSD, so we need to
be compatible with *something*; and SunOS/Solaris is the choice which
involves the least effort.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel