Subject: Re: Low Memory causes crash...
To: None <dillema@huygens.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/1997 14:34:47
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 dillema@acm.org wrote:
> This may be an old thing, but I'm not sure as I'm rather ignorant when
> it comes to VM issues and the related VM-bugs in NetBSD. But I tought
> I'd better report this. I have a '486 acting as an Ether-ISDN gateway
> running more-or less -current. A week ago I was moving SIMMS around,
> and tried running this gateway with just 4 MB of memory. It failed.

Just to share my experiences, I was running a 386 with 4MB up until about
6 weeks ago (it now has 8MB), and it was stable enough to be usable. It'd
panic with something like "lockmgr: locking against myself" every few days
though. Now that it's been upgraded to 8MB, and upgraded to a newer
-current, I haven't seen the crashes;  I don't know if that's because the
bug has been fixed, or if having more memory made it go away.

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++