Subject: if_de.c slightly broken
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/1997 16:30:02
When I boot up my AXPpci33 alpha, with an oldish SMC Etherpower
10/100 card with both twisted-pair and MII connectors on it,  with
TULIP_DEBUG defined, I get:

    de0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0 at isa irq 5
    de0: preset: bad media 1!
    de0: SMC 9332DST 21140 [10-100Mb/s] pass 1.2
    de0: address 00:00:c0:39:1a:e4
    de0: enabling 10baseT port

(The machine usually goes on to run just fine.)

Without TULIP_DEBUG it crashes with an MMU fault otherwise, because
somehow, I assume, sc->tulip_mediums[1] is never set to a non-null
value.

Anyone got a fix for this? Or should I just take out the #ifdef
TULIP_DEBUG stuff around that test?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates