Subject: Re: HP 5p scanner config
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1997 14:39:22
Rob Healey writes (in current-users):

> 	Does anybody have the HP 5p scanner id stuff so that it could be
> 	added to the proper SCSI scanner files before code freeze?

Hate to jump in here with a slightly off-topic request, but while he's
mentioning HP scanners, I'd like to chime in ... I have the PINT stuff
working with an HP IIc hanging off of a Pentium 133 box running NetBSD 1.2.1.
But using command-line utilities with oodles of switches to do iterative
scanning is ... um ... a bit crude  :-)  Kenneth Stailey's Web pages
mention an altered version of an X utility that has been whacked to
understand the PINT stuff, but this thing really cries out for a nice little
X interface (possibly a Tk program, I would think) to do scanning, with
sliders for the different tweekable knobs, pre-scans at lower resolution,
etc.  Does anyone know of anything out there that's been done in this area?

	- Greg